Many Doc Changes
Here is a summary of today’s many changes to the doc structure and Handbook.
Most of the content from the main page of the wiki has been moved into the Handbook. The following sections were integrated:
- Using the Ports Console Jail
- Working with FreeBSD Ports & Packages
- Keeping PC-BSD Updated
- Jail Management with The Warden
- Setting up a PC-BSD Thin Client Server
- Legacy PBI Access (deleted as no longer relevant)
- Dual Booting
- Reporting Bugs
- Using the PC-SysInstall backend (scriptable installs)
- Using the PBI Builder to make a PBI from a FreeBSD
- PortPBI Module Builder Guide
- PBI Request List
Several of these sections had their screenshots and text updated.
In particular, these Handbook sections had a first pass at updating their existing, out-of-date content:
There are bound to be broken links that I’ve missed, so please leave a comment as you find them. Please note that the entire Handbook is an active work in progress (changing hourly). There are some notes (IN CAPS so they stand out) on missing info and the Figures won’t be named and numbered until the content is more stable. The size of the figures will also be standardized once we figure out which size works best in a print layout.
If there is a specific section that you’re waiting to be updated (as you need that info) or if you have suggestions for sections that are missing but needed, leave a comment so they can be prioritized in the editing queue.
Trackback from your site.