Oct

Nvidia 260.19.12 Update Available

The latest NVIDIA driver is now available through Update Manager. The release highlights for this version are listed here. This update applies to both 32 and 64 bit systems.

To apply the update, double-click on Update Manager in your system tray. Highlight the “Nvidia Driver Update (260.19.12) – 46MB (10-27-2010)” entry and click the “Install selected updates” button. When it is finished, reboot. Select option “7. Run the Display Setup Wizard” at the boot-splash screen, and you will then be able to select the new driver.

Written by dru. Posted in security update

• Nvidia 260.19.12 Update Available | Official PC-BSD Blog | Penny Stocks
    October 28, 2010 at 9:34 am |

[…] Highlight the “Nvidia Driver Update (260.19.12) — 46MB (10–27-2010)” entry and click the “Install selected updates” button. When it is finished, reboot. Select option “7. Run the Display Setup Wizard” at the boot-splash screen, … View full post on nvidia – Google Blog Search […]

• Nvidia 260.19.12 Update Available | Official PC-BSD Blog – bsd - dowiedz się więcej!
    October 28, 2010 at 9:57 am |

[…] Przeczytaj artykuł: Nvidia 260.19.12 Update Available | Official PC-BSD Blog […]

• Licorne Negro
    October 29, 2010 at 8:58 pm |

Beig somewhat inconvenient…
    Will you someday make PC-BSD compatible with RealTek wireless drive? =D
    It’s the only thing preventing me from migrate.

• November 2, 2010 at 2:33 pm |

Which driver do you need? i.e. what is the output of “pciconf -lv |grep wireless”

One of the topics to be discussed at this week’s DevSummit is getting missing wireless drivers before 9.0 is released. Let us know what driver you need so it can be added to the TODO list.

• Licorne Negro
        November 2, 2010 at 3:36 pm |

The driver for Windows is rtl8187se, from Realtek.

Ndisgen don’t made the trick with me. I searched in many forums, but nothing helped me with it. (at least I tried) For this I asked here.

Btw… Go ahead with the great job! The system is great, and even my mother used it and approved. ^^

• November 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm |

Thanks for the info, and the compliment :-)

I’m assuming this is a 64 bit system? I don’t know anyone who has had good luck with ndisgen on a non-32 bit system. I tried compiling in the changes that are supposed to fix this, but it failed on 8.1. Something else to discuss at the DevSummit.

• Licorne Negro
            November 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm |

In fact, the system is 32 bits. PC-BSD 8.1 Hubble Edition 32 bits.
            I tried in PC-BSD 64 bits too, but the results looked the same. At least from what I know of computers. Maybe the results were different but, to me, looked the same.
            Some people actually made the trick, but the same commands, with me, don’t worked. (not finding the adress now)

Btw… Thank you for the help. And thanks for the great OS.
            The trick I’ll continue to search in the forums. 😀

• November 2, 2010 at 4:40 pm |

If you can’t find the trick before I return home and have access to my 32 bit testing system (in mid Nov), I’ll try using ndisgen for that driver at that time. I have to add ndisgen to the handbook anyways, so that will be a good exercise.

• October 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm |

nouveau-driver.orgWill PC-BSD be able to make use of the Nouveau driver? (http://www.nouveau-driver.org/)

• November 1, 2010 at 7:14 am |

The nouveau driver is included in 8.1, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the regular nvidia drivers at this point, no 3D accell, poor support, etc. If you *really* want to use it, you can try to update it via the ports tree as well though.