Latest 9.0 Snapshot is Available for Testing
Kris Moore has announced the availability of the next 9.0 testing snapshot:
A new snapshot of 9-CURRENT has just been released, and is now available for download from our FTP server.
Major changes since the last snapshot:
* Fixed bug relating to booting without using the “Stamp MBR” option
* Added additional window-managers to “unsupported” category
* Added ability to enable / disable the lagg network device
* Switched to the “GDM” desktop login manager
* Added ability to add/remove/create repositories of PBIs via pbi_* commands
* Added new pbid daemon, which tracks repository indexes / manages file merging in the background automatically.
* Numerous other bugfixes across the board.
For a list of major differences between 8.x and 9, take a look at our previous announcement.
A new snapshot for 8-STABLE is in the works, which will become version 8.2 early next year. We’ll make an announcement when that snapshot is online and available for testing.
Trackback from your site.