Latest 9.0 Snapshot is Available for Testing
Kris Moore has announced the availability of the next 9.0 testing snapshot:
A new snapshot of 9-CURRENT has just been released, and is now available for download from our FTP server.
Major changes since the last snapshot:
* Fixed bug relating to booting without using the “Stamp MBR” option
* Added additional window-managers to “unsupported” category
* Added ability to enable / disable the lagg network device
* Switched to the “GDM” desktop login manager
* Added ability to add/remove/create repositories of PBIs via pbi_* commands
* Added new pbid daemon, which tracks repository indexes / manages file merging in the background automatically.
* Numerous other bugfixes across the board.
For a list of major differences between 8.x and 9, take a look at our previous announcement.
As usual, please report bugs found back to the mailing list so we can work on fixing them. The more details the better. The Handbook also has instructions for how to become a good beta tester.
A new snapshot for 8-STABLE is in the works, which will become version 8.2 early next year. We’ll make an announcement when that snapshot is online and available for testing.
Trackback from your site.