Sep

PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 Available for Testing

Kris has just announced that BETA2 is now ready for testing:

The next BETA release of the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.

Notable changes in this release, in no particular order:

* Fixed an issue fetching large sets of packages during an update
* Added NVIDIA driver to install media, allowing it to be used instead of “vesa” and “nv“
* Fixed an issue with passwords & encryption strings with a ‘=’ in them causing parse errors
* Auto correct if user tries to use /home mount-point to /usr/home
* Fixed internet installation defaulting to an incorrectly formatted URL
* Added sanity checks to AppCafe to check if user is able to install applications
* Fix to pbi-manager to checkout correct FreeBSD sources
* When adding new users via the GUI, include them in the “operator” group by default
* Fixed misc crashes while using the User Manager
* Set wallpaper to full-screen mode on install images
* Increase default ‘/’ partition size to 2GB
* Added AppCafe warning when no meta files can be found
* Cap the size of default swap space
* Fixed layout of default XFCE menu
* Make hyper-links work in Welcome application
* Fix loading translation files in Xorg Wizard
* Show total and current MB of downloads in AppCafe
* Fixed bugs in Firewall Manager causing incorrect service names to be selected
* Show status of firewall restart in the GUI
* Put volume applet on LXDE panel by default
* Added feature to System Manager and Installer to right-click on meta-pkgs and show details
* Reorganized the meta-pkg layout
* Enhance pc-su to use more appropriate “su” backend depending upon WM being run
* Include support for some additional Broadcom wifi chipsets by default
* Allow booting to emergency console on LIVE images
* Added Draft version of PC-BSD 9 handbook
* Speed up booting by loading some KLDs after kernel is loaded
* Clear temporary files in /tmp at boot by default
* Add support into AppCafe for showing HTML formatted descriptions
* Added new default font configuration
* Use more appropriate icons for entries in Control Panel
* Fixed an issue with IBUS variables not being set properly
* Fixed printer config to use “pc-su” so we have permissions to add / remove devices
* Fixed syntax bug when trying to install using “gmirror“
* Fix pbi-manager to resume downloading meta-data if the system was shutdown before it finished

Known Issues / Errata

When installing from DVD the Adobe Flash plugin may not be enabled by default. To fix this, open a terminal and run the command

% flashpluginctl on

The update GUI in BETA 1.5 may not let you select the update to BETA2. To work around this you can start the update via the command-line using the following command as root:

# pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA2

The update will begin to download and may take a while to finish. If you lose connection, or need to restart the update at a later time it will resume at where the download left off previously.

Reporting Bugs

Since this is a beta release, please feel assist us by reporting and fixing bugs. Users are encouraged to discuss their findings on the testers mailing list, or via the PC-BSD Forums.

There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series. When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are using and in which window manager the error occurs.

Written by dru. Posted in 9.0, testers

• Eldes
    September 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm |

Excelent Job. I congrats all work team, Dru, Kris for make that posible.
    Then the version 9 release i will put a banner in my website free.

Thanks,
    I hope don’t be spam

• malco_2001
      September 28, 2011 at 6:40 pm |

I would have to say that this is the best release so far. Including myself 3/4 of my coworkers have also joined me in the switch from Windows / Ubuntu at work to PCBSD from Beta 1. So far so good.

My favorite PCBSD features are portsjail, the warden, and zfs support for raidz, snapshots, and rollbacks.

• September 29, 2011 at 4:43 am |

Cool!

• Lisa
        October 17, 2011 at 12:52 pm |

Hi!

We’re interested in using your comment as a quote for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 press release. Please let us know if that is possible. :D

My email: lisa@ixsystems.com

Thanks!

• Simpleblue
    September 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm |

As soon as it comes out of testing I’m downloading.

Looks awesome.

Keep up the great work!

• Aron
    September 13, 2011 at 11:34 pm |

Is it a KDE desktop as default? No Firefox anymore?

I think I will test it when final is out, looks good.

Keep up the good work! Best regards.

• Roger
    September 13, 2011 at 11:42 pm |

> Increase default ‘/’ partition size to 2GB

An OS that partitions the root disk, other than for swap, isn’t going to inspire a lot of confidence.
    Too bad to, PCBSD has a lot going for it. But such fundamental flaws will keep it from the mainstream.

• George
    September 14, 2011 at 12:59 am |

The “partitioning” happens withing the bsd labeled partiton, so actually that root partition is meant to be root “slice” if I am not mistaken.

• Ya esta disponible PC-BSD 9.0 BETA2 | Gustavo Pimentel's GNU/Linux Blog
    September 14, 2011 at 5:49 am |

[…] Smart acaba de anunciar la salida de la segunda BETA de la futura versión 9.0 de PC-BSD. Y como siempre, veremos el […]

• announce::PC-BSD 9.0b2 | unixster – *nix news for admins, by admins
    September 14, 2011 at 8:00 am |

[…] read more… […]

• newbyuser
    September 14, 2011 at 8:49 am |

i like it keep up the good work!

• Tamoghna
    September 14, 2011 at 10:40 am |

Is there “usb-modeswitch” or something like that to connect to the internet through usb modems?

• Doug Fortune
    September 14, 2011 at 11:45 am |

As a long time Linux user, I tried BSD (9.0Beta1.5) for the first time last week. I was impressed. The major difficulty I had (and still have) is mounting NTFS formatted disk drives, which appears not to be supported out-of-the-box. Related to that, to find the name (and sizes) of the disks attached (not necessarily mounted yet) to the system, in Linux you’d use “fdisk –l” as root. I couldn’t find an equivalent command (ie option in fdisk) in PC-BSD.… so even after I reformatted a terabyte drive to FAT32 (type c), I still couldn’t mount it because I didn’t know what device it was in /dev

Comments to help me out? Maybe the issue is resolved in 9.0Beta2 as I haven’t had time to try it yet. Thanks.

• September 14, 2011 at 11:49 am |

Check out Table 1.4c at http://​wiki​.pcbsd​.org/​i​n​d​e​x​.​p​h​p​/​P​C​-​B​S​D​_​f​o​r​_​L​i​n​u​x​_​U​s​ers. If there’s another Linux command that you can’t find a BSD equivalent for, create a wiki account and add it to the table–we’ll add the equivalent.

Can you please let us know if the NTFS problem is solved in BETA2, and if not, which desktop manager it failed in.

• mike4ca
        September 23, 2011 at 8:18 pm |

In regards to the NTFS issue: I just tested it with the LXDE desktop. The partition is listed in the Places sidebar within PCManFM, but when I double click it I get the following error…

DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.Failed: An operation is already pending

I have not tried anything else at this point.

• Kris Moore
          September 26, 2011 at 9:23 am |

The NTFS fuse port was just recently fixed and should be included in BETA3 :)

• mike4ca
            October 5, 2011 at 6:13 pm |

I applied the Beta3 update and still can not connect to NTFS. The other comments in this string did not make much sense to me as I am a newbie. I am suspecting I need to still update and/or enable something.

• malco_2001
        September 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm |

I can confirm that KDE mounts ntfs volumes just fine in beta 2 as long as you install check the box when compiling the fuse kmod to “automatically generate global config file” which is not checked by default when compiling. Using pkg_add to install or leaving the box mentioned above unchecked will not work after trying to mount it will give “operation not supported by device”.

• eman
      September 20, 2011 at 9:46 am |

You have to use the fusefs-ntfs port at freshports to get support. Sadly its dependency (fusefs-kmod) was broken until july 31st and the patch is available on pcbsd​.org.
      Enjoy!

• September 29, 2011 at 8:40 am |

Kris tested fusefs-kmod on BETA3 and it appears to be working again. BETA3 is chugging along on the PC-BSD build server and should be available in a few days.

• Cane
          October 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm |

I tried to follow the conversation, but I have no experience with Linux/Unix…
          I had 2 drives :
          1. Windows & programs
          2. All my personal files
          I installed PC-BSD 9 Beta 3 on the (whole) first drive, not touching the second. And now I would like to mount that drive, to be able to transfer the files via FTP to my brand new computer (unfortunately it don’t have IDE, it would have made things simpler…).

• October 14, 2011 at 7:41 am |

If you can see the drive in PC-BSD you may find it easier to use WinSCP to transfer the files. Make sure that SSH is running on the PC-BSD system in Service Manager. If you are unsure of how to allow SSH in Firewall Manager, you might find it easier to temporarily disable the firewall while you copy the files then re-enable it when you are finished.

• PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 available for testing | FreeBSD News
    September 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm |

[…] out the blog post for a list of changes and enhancements: PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 available for testing #dd_ajax_float{ background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border:1px solid #DDDDDD; float:left; […]

• ams
    September 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm |

GEM, KMS…?

• September 14, 2011 at 3:19 pm |

Still waiting for the preliminary testing to be completed so it can be committed to FreeBSD. It won’t make 9.0 but we’ll be offering snapshots containing it once it’s been committed.

• Julian
    September 14, 2011 at 6:33 pm |

having lost the connection during download I am VERY happy for the “restart where it lost the connection” feature. It took many hours to get to where it was.

• Edward
    September 14, 2011 at 8:04 pm |

Hi,

Just some feedback, last time I checked PC-BSD was using GENERIC with drivers being loaded at boot, this drastically slows down boot time. May I recommend a modified kernel config file. Things like AHCI and such should def be compiled in now.

Can’t wait for GEM/KMS ! I been reading the radeon docs and considering looking into a TTM port so we can have better ATi support also. Graphics are a rather complex matter though, I am waiting for the Intel work to be in place before I start as some parts of the FreeBSD VM subsystem needs tweaks to make such a port possible, that should come along with the GEM work hopefully.

Cheers,
    Edward.

• Julian
      September 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm |

notice that the Features list includes:
      * Speed up booting by loading some KLDs after kernel is loaded

• September 15, 2011 at 5:01 am |

Yes, TTM is definitely needed. There may also be Foundation funds available to assist with the development

• Cris
    September 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm |

Very nice version. I tested with xfce and found it amazing, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that the xfce menu was kinda disorganized, I hope it’s fixed on the final release. Keep up with the great work!

• newuser
    September 15, 2011 at 9:22 am |

after installing beta2 i followed instruction to install flashpluginctl on. It still does not work.Been trying for hours but no luck.Can you make flash plugin on as default?

• September 15, 2011 at 10:58 am |

Some users have reported that “flashpluginctl off && flashplugingctl on” works. If it does not for you, please post your browser version and platform so we can track down the bug. BTW, flash will be on by default in RC1.

• PC-BSD 9.0 on its Way | PHP World
    September 15, 2011 at 11:51 pm |

[…] and usually gives no reason to fiddle under the bonnet. Version 9.0 is currently in development and Beta 2 was recently […]

• robert_d
    September 18, 2011 at 12:33 pm |

Booted my Dell Inspiron 6400 from Live DVD x64.
    Boot took 2 times longer than Ubuntu Live DVD. Next KDE didn’t work well,
    e.g. I couldn’t type in terminal, couldn’t get menu in terminal, Konqueror stopped accepting keyboard input after some time.
    So I’ll stick with Linux distros until you fix bugs.

• September 19, 2011 at 6:35 am |

This will be much better once the RCs start as currently the kernel is in debugging mode which definitely slows things down. Out of curiosity, how much RAM was on your system?

• Linux User
    September 18, 2011 at 7:33 pm |

Could you plz release a CD version with only essential apps(KDE, Office, Multimedia, Internet) and rock solid PC-BSD core. I will decorate and fill it as I want.
    Thanks !

• September 19, 2011 at 5:12 am |

We do have a CD version (http://​wiki​.pcbsd​.org/​i​n​d​e​x​.​p​h​p​/​O​b​t​a​i​n​i​n​g​_​P​C​-​BSD). The apps are still being built and will appear in the release and possibly in the release candidates if they are ready by then.

• Linux User
        September 22, 2011 at 12:52 pm |

WOW.….….…that was quick Dru :)
        These little things go a long way to make people loyal to you (or anyone).
        Visited that link. I did not have that knowledge before so Thank You !
        Now a few things :
        1. Can you give us a installable LiveCD with KDE ?
        2. Is LiveDVD installable ?
        3. Could you plz provide resumeable download links for DVD versions or may be Torrents ? I tried 3 times and it failed at 9899% :(

Thank you once again !

• Linux User
          September 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm |

Isn’t that Cd-version only a net-installer and not a LiveCD ? Kindly correct me if mistaken.
          Here is the link I followed

• September 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm |

KDE won’t fit on a CD (it would have to be stripped down to hardly any KDE components).

Yes, there is an icon to install on the Live media: http://​wiki​.pcbsd​.org/​i​n​d​e​x​.​p​h​p​/​P​C​-​B​S​D​_​L​i​v​e​_​M​ode

We’re checking to see if the main download site has resume (ftp​.pcbsd​.org) as the rest of the mirrors are hosted by various organizations. There will definitely be torrents for the release and users have contributed torrents in the past for some testing versions. If you’re not sure, use a download utility that supports refetch. I like axel (http://​axel​.alioth​.debian​.org/) as it resumes and works great over slow links.

• Linux User
            September 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm |

Thanks again for quick response and introducing me to Axel !
            I use Downthemall for my downloads. Will try axel soon. But nothing beats a resumable link when file sizes are large.
            Could you also plz direct me to some pdf manual about PC-BSD. With Hubble I could not make out how to install default apps :(
            Thank you once again !

Btw, right now I am taking backup of my 650 GB system to re-format it and make way for PC-BSD ;-) It needs a Primary Partition na :(

• Linux User
              September 22, 2011 at 1:26 pm |

CORRECTION *uninstall default apps*

• September 22, 2011 at 1:37 pm |

A PDF of the 9.0 Handbook is installed on the desktop. We don’t have downloadable versions yet, but will when 9.0 is released.

• Linux User
                September 22, 2011 at 2:01 pm |

Thank you dru !
                Would not take more of your precious time anymore.

Just
                1. Could you plz inform or give that (possibly) resumable link ?
                2. Does 32-bit version support GPT disk or I need 64-bit ?
                3. Which one is generally favored 32-bit or 64-bit ?

As soon as I download it I will try to help you and community with torrents. I would also try to introduce as many people to PC-BSD as possible for me.
                Thanks once again !

• September 20, 2011 at 6:02 pm |

[…] tersebut; perbaikan PBI manager untuk mengambil sumber FreeBSD yang benar. ANda dapat membaca pengumuman rilis untuk daftar mengkap perubahan dan perbaikan terhadap bug yang ada. Apabila anda berminat untuk […]

• mike4ca
    September 22, 2011 at 10:28 am |

I finally jumped back in and tried PC-BSD with this release (I mostly use Linux). I tried 8.? earlier this year but had issues with connecting to a “hidden” wireless network. This version worked well, it detected and showed the network. I just edited the connection to change the name (because it knew the network was there, but did not know what to call it).

The version I tried last night was XFCE. I thought I the installation was easy. In the short time I had to play with it I was happy with what I saw. I really like the idea of software installations using separate dependencies if there is a version difference. I have had some breakage with numerous Linux distributions lately!

I want to redo the install to test out a few things. I plan on installing Linux and GRUB back on the machine with an NTFS slice to store documents. Then install PC-BSD on a 3rd slice to see how well it will play with GRUB and test the NTFS issues. I may also put a Broadcom wireless card in and see how that works.

• mike4ca
      September 23, 2011 at 8:48 pm |

An update… I had ntfs mounting issues. I posted details in a reply above. I did not try XFCE again. I noticed on both the first install and on a Linux distribution a strange double window issue (one in the top left quarter of the screen and the other on the full screen). I decided to try LXDE instead (looking for low resources, but more than Fluxbox). I was not able to use my Broadcom wireless card (the bios would not support it?). I had problems getting grub to work dual booting with Linux. I tried GAG for the first time. I got PCBSD to work but not Linux, but I think I know what the problem is (user error).

I used AppCafe to install Chromium. It does not appear to launch. I double clicked the desktop icon and tried to launch from the menu. Firefox did install and work correctly.

P.S. I am running the 64 bit version.

• October 4, 2011 at 7:22 am |

If you get a chance, please retry Chromium on beta3 as it should be working now. If it does not work for you, re-indicate which desktop manager you tried it in.

Also, what chipset is your Broadcom? If you are not sure of the name and model of your internal device, try this command: pciconf –lv | grep –i wireless. If the device is USB, try usbconfig dump_all_config_desc.

• mike4ca
          October 5, 2011 at 6:20 pm |

I applied the Beta3 update and Chromium is now working.

• George
    September 22, 2011 at 7:30 pm |

rodsbooks.comHello again,

I have retested the install on Mac problem (GPT hybrid MBR scheme).
    Actually I have simulated this in vmware, so if you do not have a physical mac/OSX, this is what you need to do:

1. boot PartedMagic livecd in vmware-> Gparted -> Create partition table -> expand advanced -> choose “gpt” (i.e. not “msdos”). Confirm data loss (safe in vmware). Your vmware disk “sda” should now contain pure gpt scheme (with protective MBR as per gpt specs).
    2. now create four partitions using gparted, e.g. as follows:
    1st — FAT32 200 MB (this will be “EFI system”, same size as mac’s disk utility would have created)
    2nd — HFS+ e.g. 20GB (like Macintosh HD, I have only osx system here)
    3rd — another HFS+ , e.g. 40 GB (I have another HFS+ to separate user data from osx)
    4th — NTFS, the rest e.g. 23,21 GB — like I will reformat this upon installing PCBSD here.
    3. Confirm the changes in Gparted.
    4. After disk rescan, right-click the first partition (200MB) and select Manage flags. Check “boot” and click Close. This is a Gparted-funny way of saying “make this partition an EFI System Partition (ESP).”

At this point, your disk will have pure gpt table with 4 partitions, and as per gpt specs also a “protective” MBR table, which at this point contains only one entry — the protective entry (type EE) covering the whole disk.
    You can verify this using “fdisk /dev/sda”, it should warn you that gpt detected and when using “p” to print the contents of the MBR you should see only one single partition of type EE.

5. now go to terminal -> gdisk /dev/sda
    it will say MBR:protective, and GPT:present (confirmation of the above step)
    “Hybridization” is nothing more than just “copying” additional entries from gpt to its protective MBR, so that legacy OSes which are unaware of the gpt (and which you want to dual boot with gpt-aware OSes) can “see” at least some of the partitions too. Now since one MBR entry is/should always be taken by the EE entry, you have up to three additional entries which can be copied from gpt.
    Most people would use gptsync utility (or rEFIt which contains it) to do the job, but gptsync copies only the first four partition entries of gpt, ie. it always copies EE and then (up to) three partitions that immediately follow.

gdisk on the other side, lets you pick any three available gpt entries, skipping the ones you do not want to be visible. You can also specify order in which they will appear in MBR after copying, but adhering to physical sequence is highly recommended.

6. in gdisk, hit “r” (recovery and transformation), enter key
    – hit “h” (create hybrid), enter key
    – type in “2 3 4″, which means you want first HFS+, second HFS+ and NTFS as your MBR 2nd,3rd and 4th entries respectively.
    – Confirm that you want the EE partition to take number 1 (first position in the MBR).
    – Confirm GUID to MBR-type mapping suggestions (for this example suggested defaults are correct). Only select bootable=yes for NTFS.
    – when finished hit “w” to write changes to disk and exit gdisk.

At this point, your disk should have the gpt table and its (protective) hybrid MBR, both in sync. What we have done is exactly what OSX Disk Utility normally does (apart from 128MB empty space pits between partitions) when you choose to create at least one FAT32/Basic Data partition (creating NTFS is not supported by Disk utility by default) when fresh-partitioning or when doing resize+create. Not having FAT32 means Disk Utility stops right after step 4 (non-hybrid, only one protective entry).

So now we have what people out there call a “hybrid partition scheme”. Magical words that create a hell lot of confusion on all the forums out there.
    You can check by running gdisk again, now it would tell you that MBR:hybrid and GPT:present.
    You can print out the partitions using “p”. Do the same using fdisk and compare the two outputs. The entries in MBR are in sync with their gpt counterparts, apart from EE partition, where its “Start” column value is “1” (correctly protecting the gpt headers).
    If you were successful, you should see something like this:

gdisk:
    Found valid GPT with hybrid MBR; using GPT.

Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name
    1 2048 411647 200.0 MiB EF00
    2 411648 41371647 19.5 GiB AF00
    3 41371648 123291647 39.1 GiB AF00
    4 123291648 171964415 23.2 GiB 0700

fdisk:
    WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on ‘/dev/sda’! The util
    fdisk doesn’t support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

Command (m for help): p

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sda1 1 411647 205823+ ee GPT
    /dev/sda2 411648 41371647 20480000 af HFS / HFS+
    /dev/sda3 41371648 123291647 40960000 af HFS / HFS+
    /dev/sda4 * 123291648 171964415 24336384 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Now shut down linux and reboot the virtual machine with pcbsd9 beta2 iso and try to install on the “sda4” partition, of course NOT selecting the “use whole disk” option :-) You will get “Can only install directly to a MBR partition!”.
    The ps-sysinstaller shows the gpt partitions (I suppose): ada0pX where X={1,2,3,4},
    just as “gpart show” does:
    34 171966397 ada0 GPT (82G)
    34 2014 — free — (1M)
    2048 409600 1 efi (200M)
    411648 40960000 2 apple-hfs (19G)
    41371648 81920000 3 apple-hfs (39G)
    123291648 48672768 4 linux-data (23G)
    171964461 2015 — free — (1M)

Next thing I have tried was the guide at http://​forums​.pcbsd​.org/​s​h​o​w​t​h​r​e​a​d​.​p​h​p​?​t​=​14397 .
    I did not follow the whole thing, I started at step 10:

ada0s3 (HFS+)
    ada0s4 (NTFS, …)

So I choose ada0s4 and guess what — installer passes. But install fails on
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ada0s4 count=1024
    dd: /dev/ada0s4: Operation not supported
    EXITERROR: Error 1

Ok, now I am stopping here, because this needs attention from some pcbsd/freebsd guru. Who knows what would happen to the “hybrid scheme” if it continued stamping boot bits and so on.
    So please help make PCBSD the best desktop OS out there.
    Useful reading: http://​www​.rodsbooks​.com/​g​d​i​s​k​/​h​y​b​r​i​d​.​h​tml

George

• George
      September 23, 2011 at 3:59 am |

So I have just watched the FLOSS 182 with Kris Moore, and there is this talk on GPT/MBR issue on Mac — timing could not be more perfect :-)
      I have to say I would also like to have the GPT/MBR thing sorted in time for 9.0 release.

Just adding to the above: after the install stopped on “Operation not supported” error, the GPT entry for NTFS (ada0p4) had its type (GUID) changed to FreeBSD, while the MBR entry (ada0s4) stayed on type 0x07 (NTFS). Now this is somewhat doable, because I can always manually sync the changes from GPT to MBR using gdisk (or gptsync), it’s just that this should probably work automatically out of the box. It would save a whole lot of trouble. The installer could check if there is a pure GPT (non-hybrid), pure MBR or hybrid GPT/MBR in place, and behave accordingly. This kind of behavior would be beneficial not only for the Mac platform because the days of UEFI are coming to PCs very soon, too.

George

• Fahd
    September 25, 2011 at 4:34 am |

Hi there, I’m a total BSD newb so pardon the question if the answer is obvious. Is it possible to upgrade from PCBSD 9 — Beta to the final version when it is released? I ask because I am eager to install the 9th version of PCBSD but do not want to reinstall everything when the final version is released…
    Thanks for you answer :)
    Fahd

• Fahd
    September 25, 2011 at 5:48 am |

Thanks ! :)

• ProBSD
    September 30, 2011 at 6:24 am |

So far things are looking great. One questions; I can’t seem to Virtualbox any plans on making it a package?

Thanks,
    ProBSD

• September 30, 2011 at 6:35 am |

There will be a PBI by the time it is released. We’re still working our way through building and testing all of the 9 PBIs.

• ProBSD
        September 30, 2011 at 7:28 am |

Thank you for the quick reply. Have a great day!

• Rick
    October 5, 2011 at 6:18 pm |

Can’t install on my asus K53TA AMD Fusion APU A6-3400M chipset: AMD A70M FCH (T ^ T)

• Lisa
    October 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm |

Hello all,

If anyone is interested in supplying us a quote for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 release, feel free to get in contact with the marketing team. My email is lisa@ixsystems.com.

Thanks!

–L

• Dr Satyakam Phukan
    January 3, 2012 at 1:50 am |

I am an admirer of PCBSD, I use both Ubuntu Linux, PCBSD and also Windows 7. If we get support for using USB Modems and also some support in getting to type in the Assamese language, it will be most helpful. I had sent many file to PCBSD developers in this connection.

• January 3, 2012 at 5:24 am |

Let us know if you are able to assist with the translation and we will add that language to pootle​.pcbsd​.org.

• Dr Satyakam Phukan
        January 3, 2012 at 8:24 pm |

I can give you all the help from my own side as well as from other people who will be too glad to provide their co-operation. But we expecting some changes in the status of the Assamese writing system in Unicode. We should better wait till those changes are complete.

• January 4, 2012 at 4:58 am |

Great. Let us know when you are ready and we’ll add the language to the translation website.

• August 27, 2013 at 3:40 pm |

[…] elden geçirildigini belirtti. PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 hakkinda ayrintili bilgi edinmek için sürüm duyurusunu […]