PC-BSD 9.0-RC2 now Available
Kris has announced the availability of RC2. From the announcement:
The second release candidate for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available for download. This release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Notable changes in this release, in no particular order:
- Improve username checks in installer to only allow valid chars
- Add button for xvkbd virtual-keyboard usage during installation, install can now be done entirely via touch-screen
- VirtualBox mouse-pointer integration works by default after selecting vboxvideo in display wizard
- Improve update-manager to not fail on soft errors
- In services tool, sort by name by default and enable user-sorting via headers
- Fix mime issues causing false identification of office documents as .zip files
- Set default language to en_US.UTF-8 which fixes mouting some removable media
- Set the default mirror server on first boot to the fastest available
- Save users proxy / pbi configuration across upgrades
- Fix bug in AppCafe to show PBIs not associated with a particular repo
- Added FVWM and FVWM-Crystal as desktop options: note these will be PC-BSD themed (desktop and menu items) in RC3
- Prompt for a desktop in LIVE mode
- Add Koffice-kde4 as optional meta-pkg for KDE4
- Make pbi-manager more “sudo” friendly
- Added optional meta-pkg for Compiz
- Enable DynamicPM on ATI video
- Add “switcher2” utility for changing gtk theme
- Add –R option to “pbi_add” which fetches PBI install file without installing or removing it
- Add xscreensaver to base system to fix issues in XFCE4 & others
The default KDE wallpaper / desktop is broken with the update to 4.7.3. This will be fixed for RC3.
There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series. When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are using and in which window manager the error occurs.
Trackback from your site.