PC-BSD 9.1-RC1 Now Available
Kris has announced the availability of RC1:
The RC1 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 are now available for i386 and amd64 architectures.
This release candidate provides both users and developers a means to test out new features in the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 release. This snapshot may contain buggy code and features, so users are encouraged to run it only on non-critical systems.
Changes since the previous beta:
- Based on FreeBSD 9.1-RC1.
- Added new functionality to the warden client. You can now schedule daily / hourly creation of jail snapshots. You may also set the number of days worth of jails you wish to keep. Old jail snapshots will be removed automatically.
- Improve the shutdown scripts to make sure we unmount, even if the jail was manually stopped.
- Added Active Directory / LDAP backend and GUI utility.
- Fixed a number of bugs relating to jail creation / management.
- Auto-enable the flash plugin when creating new users.
- Added some initial packages to TrueOS, such as sudo / bash and others.
- Bugfixes to AppCafe.
- Fixed Window Maker startup issues.
- Added the Enlightenment (E17) desktop as an unsupported desktop meta-package.
- Added lots of new packages for TrueOS / Warden.
If you wish to update from 9.0 to RC1 you may do so by editing the /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf file and changing the PATCHSET: variable to pcbsdtest.
After changing this variable, you may run the updater utility, to download a new update manager. Once this update manager is installed, the online update to the RC1 version will appear.
If you find any bugs in this snapshot, please report them to the testing mailing list.
This version contains a first draft of the upcoming 9.1 Handbook. This draft is not complete, the sections are not hyperlinked, and sections that are still be written/tested are highlighted in yellow. The next RC will contain a more recent draft.
Trackback from your site.