Oct

New Video: PC-BSD 9.1 Isotope Edition Installer

A new video has been posted to YouTube. This video walks through the 9.1 installer, demonstrating how to select desktop components and describes the various disk options available within the installer. It then shows the availalbe post-installation configuration options.

Written by dru. Posted in 9.1

• Harald Scheffler
    October 24, 2012 at 10:53 am |

Hey Dru,

Greetings from Germany.

Harald

• October 24, 2012 at 11:05 am |

Return greetings from sunny Arkansas.

• sdf
        November 14, 2012 at 5:07 am |

Does it mean you need no any greetings?

• Ale
    October 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm |

El nuevo instalador es genial !!

• Patric
    October 24, 2012 at 10:45 pm |

I took the defaults installing 9.1 rc1, and now am having trouble updating, I’d like to install the beta from cd, nuking everything except my home dir (couple large games running under wine). Backup and restore is not likely to be much faster than re-installing from scratch, slower actually, and saving the time is my only interest. Thoughts?

• October 27, 2012 at 6:06 am |

If backup/restore isn’t the way you’d like to go, you can change any of the defaults within the GUI except for the partition layout. If you’ve installed RC1, Update Manager should prompt you to upgrade to RC2. But again, it depends upon what you want to change.

• October 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm |

happens to the Spanish section?? the official website

• October 27, 2012 at 5:38 am |

You want to assist in translating the website to Spanish?

• Jacou Mata
        March 5, 2013 at 10:21 am |

I do.!

• Paul
    October 26, 2012 at 2:51 am |

Well, hello from Belgium then, Dru :-)

I’m eagerly awaiting the release of 9.1. I appreciate it that you take your time to build a quality product, instead of rushing it to the market and overloading users with bug fixes afterwards (better ‘marketing’ what you do; new users that get a buggy product will be out faster than a race horse can run, and experience shows they won’t come back easily. Look at my self as an example: needed a light distribution for an old P4-‘pjuter; took lubuntu, installed it, it was buggy, bam — out of the window it went, and I won’t try it again. PC-BSD 9.0 was too heavy for that box, btw, even ‘though it has 2 GB of ram).

Anyway, when 9.1 is out a new donation will be coming your way. I also offered to help out a little by translating 6 months ago, but never got a reply from Ixsystems, so I guess it is not needed.

Well, thanks for all you guys and girls do, and be well to you al,

Ciao,

PAul

• November 30, 2012 at 8:16 am |

The video is great and the installer, too. :-) Great work! I can’t wait until it’s stable.

• December 3, 2012 at 9:49 am |