RC3 Available for Testing
The RC3 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 are now available for i386 and amd64 architectures. This is expected to be the last snapshot before 9.1-RELEASE, so report any bugs to the testing mailing list so that they can be fixed in time for RELEASE. Note that the included handbook is still a draft version– it should be finalized and released to translators within the next week or so.
This release candidate provides both users and developers a means to test out new features in the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 release. This snapshot may contain buggy code and features, so users are encouraged to run it only on non-critical systems.
Notable changes since the previous release candidate:
- PC-BSD handbook has been updated for 9.1
- Fixed bug where some keyboard layouts were not being displayed
- Multiple functionality and stability improvements for EasyPBI
- Multiple functionality and stability improvements for TrueOS
- New functionality improvements including better detection added to the mount-tray
- Fixed bug where default mount points were not being set correctly using ZFS mirror/raidz mode
- Fixed bug where update manager was not displaying the proper error text when failing
- Added new ability to create ZFS datasets for jail environments
- Added UK wireless channel 12 support
- Fixed bug where Linux jails were not importing properly
- Mirrors are now auto detected and set based upon location
- Automatic ZFS 4K blocksize enabled by default
- System manager should now show the correct dialog for “default“
If you wish to update from 9.0 to RC3 you may do so by editing the
/usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf file and changing the PATCHSET: variable to pcbsdtest.
After changing this variable, run the updater utility to download a new update manager. Once this update manager is installed, the online update to the RC3 version will appear.
Trackback from your site.