PC-BSD 9.1 Now Available
Kris has just announced the availability of 9.1:
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce that version 9.1 is now available! This release includes many exciting new features and enhancements, such as a vastly improved system installer, ZFS “Boot Environment” support, TrueOS (A FreeBSD based server with additional power-user utilities), and much more!
DVD, USB and Virtual Machine disk images are now available for download.
Highlights for 9.1-Release
- FreeBSD 9.1.
- TrueOS: A new server option with PC-BSD utilities such as the Warden available via the CLI.
- New system installer! Greatly simplified for desktop and server installs.
- Support for ZFS mirror / raidz(1,2,3) during installation.
- Support for SWAP on ZFS, allowing entire disk ZFS installation.
- Support for setting additional ZFS data-set options, such as compression, noexec, etc.
- Warden jail management integrated into system. Allows creating jails via GUI, adding packages and other administration.
- Support for Warden to create Linux Jails
- New “Sound Configuration GUI”
- New “Hardware compatibility” GUI
- First boot setup wizard allows OEM installs to be easily performed.
- New Bluetooth pairing tray / GUI utilities.
- New EasyPBI utility, allows building PBIs via a GUI interface.
- New AppCafe improvements and preferences.
- Improvements to wireless networking utilities.
- Fixed bug causing untranslated strings to show up empty.
- Numerous bug-fixes to PC-BSD related utilities.
- Support for creating PXE boot server for remote desktop and installation.
- ZFS beadm support.
- Improved mirror auto-detection for roaming devices, such as laptops.
- And much more!
Want to help out the PC-BSD project? Found a bug you need to report? You can do so by joining us on our Forums! PC-BSD welcomes new contributors, testers, or simply feedback on how a particular piece of hardware works with BSD.
The 9.1 version of the PC-BSD 9.1 Users Handbook is available in HTML, EPUB, and PDF formats. The PDF version will also be available as an icon on the desktop after a desktop installation.
Trackback from your site.