Archive for January, 2013
Ken Moore has announced the availability of EasyPBI2:
I am pleased to announce that EasyPBI version 2.0 is now available!
This has been a complete re-write of the original program code. It has a
more streamlined process for working with PBI modules, as well as a
brand new interface and many new features/abilities. See the bottom of
this post for simple instructions on how to get the new version of
EasyPBI, and also how to upgrade your pbi-manager tools (to utilize some
of the new abilities of EasyPBI).
- Packaging a local directory into a PBI (not using FreeBSD ports)
- New Logo (Thanks to Jennifer Rosenburg!)
- Build 32-bit PBI’s on 64-bit systems (Additional build option)
- Complete support for editing installation/wrapper scripts (as well as a basic template for creating new binary wrapper scripts)
- Complete support for XDG desktop/menu entries with easy MIME type integration (full creation/editing of entries with a number of new options available for entries)
- Switch to using the OptionsNG format for setting port build options by default (as well as using a multiple-line format for build options)
- New “Settings” dialog for setting/changing default directory paths, PBI build settings, and any external utilities.
- New “Ports” dialog for downloading/updating the FreeBSD ports tree.
- Displays the last time the ports tree was updated, and simplifies the process of using portsnap (or svn if previously setup that way) to update the system ports tree.
- New “About” dialog for quickly viewing information about EasyPBI (like license information and development history)
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the pbi-manager tools before using the new “local sources” PBI build options (the default PC-BSD 9.1 tools do not have the proper version).
- One of the install scripts (pre-pbicreate.sh) will also not be used unless you have the latest version of the pbi-manager tools.
- Saved settings from earlier versions are not converted into the new format, you will need to reset all of your settings manually from the new “EasyPBI Settings” menu option.
- Desktop/Menu entries and external-links are no longer automatically generated on module creation. These can now be easily added from the module editor afterwards.
- Since it has been added to SVN so recently, most of the translations have not been done yet. Translation is an ongoing process for the PC-BSD sources and the current status can be checked on http://pootle.pcbsd.org
To get EasyPBI 2.0, you will need to have the Development-Qt system
package installed, as well as either the Subversion PBI or the Development-VCS system package. To build and install EasyPBI2, run the following commands as the superuser:
svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/current/src-qt4/EasyPBI EasyPBI-source
make install clean
Then, to update your version of the pbi-manager tools, run these commands:
svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/current/src-sh/pbi-manager