New Images Available for Download
Kris has announced the availability of the latest PC-BSD images:
The latest PC-BSD 9.2-RELEASE images (based upon FreeBSD 9.2-RC1) are now available for download. Users who install this image will be able to online update to a FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE kernel/world when it is announced.
Changes since the last ISO:
Addition of the “lpreserver” CLI utility
- Allows you to schedule ZFS snapshot creation
- Supports ZFS send/recv to replicate your entire system to a remote machine
- Logging & E-mail Reporting of snapshot / replication status
- Basic ZFS monitor will warn of zpool failures or low disk space
- GUI utility will be included in the next ISOs
Desktops can now set / change the system hostname during the first boot wizard
Fixed an issue with Warden creating templates on non ‘/’ mounted zpools
Seperate SWAP partitions are now created along side a zpool
- When using raidz / mirroring, SWAP will be setup with ‘gmirror’ across all disks
The Warden GUI can now launch a graphical package manager for your jails under “Tools”
Fixed an issue with GRUB showing “no symbol table” errors at boot
Added a “pkg” wrapper to the CLI, which will do cleanup & conflict resolution during package operations
Want to help out the PC-BSD project? Found a bug you need to report? You can do so by joining us on our Forums! PC-BSD welcomes new contributors, testers, or simply feedback on how a particular piece of hardware works with BSD.
Trackback from your site.