PC-BSD 9.2-RELEASE Images Available
Kris has announced the availability of the next set of images:
The latest PC-BSD 9.2-RELEASE images (based upon FreeBSD 9.2-RC3) images are now online! Users who install this image will then be able to online update to a FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE kernel / world when it is announced. Users already running an earlier 9.2 image can now online update to the latest world / kernel / packages via the system updating mechanisms.
Changes since the last ISO:
- Updated to FreeBSD 9.2-RC3 world/kernel
- Added ability for installer to restore from a replicated “Life Preserver” ZFS backup. This allows you to do a bare-metal restore of a crashed system, or replicate a box to a new disk layout
- Added network manager to installer, which will allow graphical NIC configuration before doing a restore
- Fixed issues with xdg-open not working within KDE4
- Many new enhancements / fixes to the graphical Life-Preserver utility
- Enabled VDE for VirtualBox
- Fixed a number of issues creating user / passwords via the graphical utilities
- Added better VirtualBox detection for mouse-integration
- Corrected a number of issues in preparation for online updates from 9.1 -> 9.2
- When installing to a MBR slice (such as ada0s2) and not replacing MBR loader, GRUB will be stamped on the slice itself for chain-loading.
- Added better Chinese fonts (wqy) to the desktop base system
- Fixed an issue with system-updates via the GUI still showing updates to /boot/defaults/loader.conf
- Improved device detection for the Mount Tray utility
- Added automated kernel panic / crash dump reporting
Want to help out the PC-BSD project? Found a bug you need to report? You can do so by joining us on our Forums! PC-BSD welcomes new contributors, testers, or simply feedback on how a particular piece of hardware works with BSD.
Trackback from your site.