Second 10-STABLE Image Available for Testing
Kris has announced the availability of the next 10.0 testing image:
The second PC-BSD 10-STABLE image is now available for download!
This image is a very early cut of the new stable/10 branch of FreeBSD and is probably only suitable for advanced users or developers. A PKGNG repository is available for this release, however it is missing a number of packages we would normally ship with, such as virtualbox drivers, KDE accessories, etc. The AppCafe currently has only a few items in it for testing, but more will be added soon.
NOTE: Users of the previous 10-STABLE image may not be able to online-update, due to a bug in FreeBSD Update.
- Includes FreeBSD 10-STABLE / 10.0-BETA3 from 11/8/2013
- Switched to PCDM as the default login manager
- New 10.X artwork & themes
- Fixed a long list of bugs relating to PBIs
- Fixed issues enabling the flash plugin out of box
- Corrected some installation issues via the text-installer
- Corrected an issue changing passwords via the User Manager
- Other misc bugfixes
10-STABLE notable features:
- Updated KMS / AMD driver support
- ISO file is a hybrid USB file, and can be “dd“ed to a USB media.
- New text-based installer
- New UEFI loader on installation media
- Able to select between GRUB/BSD loaders during installation
- And much more!
Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our Trac database.
Trackback from your site.