PC-BSD Weekly Feature Digest 20
New Sound Management
Work has began to fully port pulse audio into PC-BSD for 10.1, and we are quite pleased so far with the results. Kris has been making headway this week getting pulse audio and it’s related utilities working. In the meantime Ken has been working on an all new utility pc-mixer. pc-mixer is a complete front-end to the FreeBSD “mixer” utility that will allow users a simple to use GUI and volume control for every day tasks. There will also be an advanced tab allowing for more specific audio setups and control.
*New PBIs for 9.x versions and 10.x versions were released this week, so be sure to check out the AppCafe and see what’s new.
*Gnome 3 and Cinnamon 2.0 desktops have received updates this week. These desktops are not 100% fully supported yet and as such we can not make any guarantee on functionality.
*Grub 2.02 has been fully ported over and updated to GRUB 2.02-prerelease.
*Lastly The PC-BSD ports tree has been frozen in preparation for our quarterly package update.
Improvements for Life-Preserver
* Add new “Classic” backup dialog for custom exclusions and status updates
* Fix bug with restoring a file/dir into a missing directory on the main system.
* Clean up the restore tab
* Bugfixes to the FUSE “pbifs” file-system
* Fix bug showing HPLIP drivers in the main CUPS Manager.
* Fix seg-fault crash in EasyPBI when removing a non-selected item.
Trackback from your site.