Weekly Feature Digest 30
Hey PC-BSDers! This week we’ve been gearing up for the next release of PC-BSD version 10.0.2. In preparation for the next release we have been fine tuning some of the new features and making sure the loose ends are tied up. We were also able to close out a good amount of trac tickets this week and commit the fixes for 10.0.2.
In other news / updates this week:
- Fix a bug where the orphan package filter was also filtering out some base apps.
- Randomize the browser home page so that it only show 10 random “recommended” and “highlighted” applications.
- Add a ton more recommended/highlighted applications to the repo file.
- Fix some minor display bugs
- Add menu option to view the recent vulnerability information for ports through freshports.
- Fix the sizing information for installed meta-pkgs (will show the combined sizes of the direct dependencies instead)
- Fix the sizing information for available applications (will now show the combined size of all the packages that need to be downloaded/installed for that app)
- Add the ability to fetch/read the pkg-plist for a given pkg.
- Add a “bulk” module creation side to EasyPBI which allows for creating PBI modules for an entire FreeBSD category at a time (with all sorts of filters and options)
- Make EasyPBI automatically create up to 5 desktop/menu entries for graphical applications.
- Make the application binaries detected/usable within the module editor for creating new desktop/menu entries.
- Quick fix for filenames that have spaces in them
- Quick fix for making sure that when launching an app it is in the same general system environment. This allows apps like firefox/thunderbird to see other instances of themselves and act appropriately.
- lumina-config - Make sure the menu options actually work
Miscellaneous Fixes / improvements
- Fixed several warden bugs relating to new jail creation / package management
- Imported the latest ports and Gnome3 / Cinnamon for 10.0.2
- Fixed some issues prompting for GELI password from GRUB and then mountroot
- Fixed a critical bug with new CUPS 1.7.0 breaking foomatic-rip and associated print drivers
- Imported the latest PEFS code into 11-CURRENT and backported it to our 10-STABLE branches
- Fixed bugs with system update tray notifier not showing freebsd-update” notifications
- Migrated one of my build systems to 11-CURRENT and got it setup for doing PKG/ISO builds
- Misc other trac tickets fixed / closed in cleanup process
- Many other cosmetic / doc bugs fixes as Dru submitted them
- Started investigating bug with BE/GRUB failing if the first dataset is destroyed
Trackback from your site.