PC-BSD 10.1-RC2 Released
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC2 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 10.1 release. This RC includes many minor bug-fixes from RC2, along with new UEFI support for boot / install.
PC-BSD 10.1 notable Changes
* KDE 4.14.2
* GNOME 3.12.2
* Cinnamon 2.2.16
* Chromium 38.0.2125.104_1
* Firefox 33.0
* NVIDIA Driver 340.24
* Lumina desktop 0.7.0-beta
* Pkg 1.3.8_3
* New AppCafe HTML5 web/remote interface, for both desktop / server usage
* New CD-sized text-installer ISO files for TrueOS / server deployments
* New Centos 6.5 Linux emulation base
* New HostAP mode for Wifi GUI utilities
* Misc bug fixes and other stability improvements
* NEW! – UEFI support for boot and installation
Along with our traditional PC-BSD DVD ISO image, we have also created a CD-sized ISO image of TrueOS, our server edition.
This is a text-based installer which includes FreeBSD 10.0-Release under the hood. It includes the following features:
* ZFS on Root installation
* Boot-Environment support
* Command-Line versions of PC-BSD utilities, such as Warden, Life-Preserver and more.
* Support for full-disk (GELI) encryption without an unencrypted /boot partition
A testing update is available for 10.0.3 users to upgrade to 10.1-RC2. To apply this update, do the following:
edit: /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf (As root)
Change “PATCHSET: updates”
% sudo pc-updatemanager check
This should show you a new “Update system to 10.1-RELEASE” patch available. To install run the following:
% sudo pc-updatemanager install 10.1-update-10152014-10
As with any major system upgrade, please backup important data / files beforehand!!!
This update will automatically reboot your system several times during the various upgrade phases, please expect it to take between 30-60 minutes.
10.1-RC2 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from this URL via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.1? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.
Trackback from your site.