PC-BSD 10.1.1-RC1 Now Available
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC1 images for the upcoming quarterly 10.1.1 release.
Please test these images out and report any issues found on our bug tracker.
PC-BSD 10.1.1 notable Changes
* Brand new system updater which supports automatic background updating of the system
* Many improvements to boot-environments and GRUB support for a wider variety of setups
* Support for installation to a specific GPT partition and GPT dual-booting improvements
* Conversion to Qt5 for all desktop utilities
* Fixes to using dtrace when booted from GRUB
* Re-write of Mount Tray utility, improves mounting of external media
* Support for full-disk encryption (without an unencrypted /boot) using GELI v7
* More packages available for installation from DVD/USB/CD images via “PC-BSD roles”
* New OVA files for virtual machines
* Different ISO files for UEFI / BIOS installations
* Misc bugfixes and improvements to utilities
* GNOME 3.14.1
* Cinnamon 2.4.2
* Lumina desktop 0.8.0
* Chromium 39.0.2171.95
* Firefox 35.0
* NVIDIA Driver 340.65
* Pkg 1.4.4
Users currently running the EDGE package repo can now update their packages via the updater GUI or “pc-updatemanager” utility to be brought up to date with RC1.
Updates for users on the 10.1-RELEASE / PRODUCTION repo will be available once 10.1.1-RELEASE is announced.
10.1.1-RC1 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from this URL via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.1.1? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.
Trackback from your site.