PC-BSD 11.0-CURRENT Images Now Available!

Kris just announced on the mailing list that new current images are now available! Check out the info below!

The PC-BSD project is pleased to announce the availability of our first
images based upon FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT!

WARNING: These images are considered “bleeding-edge” and should be
treated as such.

The DVD/USB ISO files can now be downloaded from the following URL:

We hope to continue rolling these -CURRENT images as a way for testers
and developers to tryout both FreeBSD and PC-BSD bleeding edge features,
often months before a planned release. These images include a full PKG
repository compiled for that months image. Users of this system will
also be able to “upgrade” when the next monthly image is published.

— Reporting Bugs —

This is a great way to test features and report bugs well before the
release cycle begins for the next major .0 release.

For bugs in PC-BSD, please report to:

For FreeBSD / Port / Kernel / World bugs, please report to:

Written by Josh Smith. Posted in Uncategorized

• Ragansi
    February 13, 2015 at 12:46 pm |

Awesome news!!!

This should help give both FreeBSD and PC-BSD one heck of a push forward.

• Mark
    February 13, 2015 at 2:37 pm |

This is great. Looking forward to testing out some of the progress with suspend/resume! Thanks guys!

February 13, 2015 at 4:55 pm |

Really cool, Thanks a lot everyone! 🙂

• PK
    February 13, 2015 at 6:44 pm |

This is really awesome!
    Was really really waiting for this day.
    Looking forward to installing this on my bare-metal.

• PK
      February 14, 2015 at 6:50 pm |

I am using this on bare-metal now as my primary os. This is really good work! Thanks a ton!! Please keep up the good work!!!

• February 13, 2015 at 11:36 pm |

Hi, I’m going to try this in VirtualBox. Should I follow this guide: http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Using_VirtualBox/10.1.1 for this release? Thanks.

• […] PC-BSD начал формирование экспериментальных сборок, основанных на […]

• […] PC-BSD начал формирование экспериментальных сборок, основанных на […]

• February 15, 2015 at 2:09 pm |

[…] this link to read the announcement on the PC-BSD blog. You can also download DVD and USB installer ISOs directly from the PC-BSD FTP […]

• Dave
    February 18, 2015 at 2:36 am |

Awesome! I’m glad to see PCBSD growing and kicking ass.

• Dan Duncker
    February 19, 2015 at 6:38 pm |

i tryed this image in virtualbox and it seems vboxvideo drivers are bugged as when it tries to start them they crash and then retries endlessly.
    As i dont know enough about bsd i dont know how to get them working.

• Keith
    February 23, 2015 at 9:05 am |

Is there a way to install the pcbsd current distro into a separate boot environment within my current stable pcbsd deployment?

• Simone
    March 5, 2015 at 3:14 am |

Dear PC-BSD,

i used this version on my desktop pc, it run well!! But i got a question:
    what about the system updates? and i read that the EOL is setted up for 1 May, after what happens, will i be converted to normal release branch?
    Thanks in advice 🙂

ps=i dont want to be sticked in the testing branch forever if is possible…

• Simone
      March 12, 2015 at 5:03 am |

Dear PC-BSD,

I’ve got the March update notification but it fails on gunzip hash check. What does it means?

• Simone
        March 17, 2015 at 7:10 am |

I retryied some times during these days, today worked fine! thanks

• Dennis Juhler Aagaard
    November 2, 2015 at 2:38 am |

Is there any place, where we can download a torrent for this to help the poor fileserver serving these images? 🙂 I would be happy to help seeding so the bandwith can be spread out. 🙂

• lmalaquias
    January 7, 2016 at 1:11 pm |

Updated to PC-BSD 11.0-Current my wireless NIC “Intel Centirino Advanced-N 6235” still not detected and when I boot my machine the GUI is not loading.

• Jan
    July 8, 2016 at 1:08 pm |

Thank you all at PC-BSD for all the hard work! The place to B SD!