PC-BSD 10.1.2-RC1 Now Available
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC1 images for the upcoming quarterly 10.1.2 release.
Please test these images out and report any issues found on our bug tracker.
PC-BSD 10.1.2 Notable Changes
- New PersonaCrypt Utility allows moving all of users $HOME directory to an encrypted USB Drive. This drive can be connected at login, and used across different systems
- Stealth Mode allows login to a blank $HOME directory, which is encrypted with a one-time GELI key. This $HOME directory is then discarded at logout, or rendered unreadable after a reboot
- Tor mode switches the firewall to running transparent proxy, blocking all traffic except what is routed through Tor
- Migrated to IPFW firewall for enabling VIMAGE in 10.2
- Added sound configuration via the first boot utility
- Support for encrypted iSCSI backups via Life-Preserver, including support for bare-metal restores via installer media
- New HTML handbook, updated via normal package updates
- Media Center support allowing direct login to Kodi and PlexHomeTheater for the 10ft user experience
- Switch to new AppCafe interface, with remote support via web-browser
- Improvements to Online Updater, along with GRUB nested menus for Boot-Environments
- Migrate all ports to using LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL
- Switch from NTP to OpenNTPD
- Lumina desktop 0.8.4
- Chromium 42.0.2311.90
- Firefox 37.0.2
- NVIDIA Driver 346.47
- Pkg 1.5.1
Users currently running the EDGE package repo can now update their packages via the updater GUI or “pc-updatemanager” utility to be brought up to date with RC1.
Updates for users on the 10.1.1 / PRODUCTION repo will be available once 10.1.2-RELEASE is announced.
10.1.2-RC1 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from here via HTTP or Torrent.
Found a bug in 10.1.2? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database.
Trackback from your site.