Kris has made the update to 10.1 live on the servers. To upgrade to 10.1 you can simply open the update GUI and start the update from there. You will notice the update takes a little longer to complete, but the good news is it runs in the background and there are no unexpected resets :).
If you are on the EDGE repo you most likely have the newest broken version of pkg which will need to be fixed before upgrading. To fix pkg:
% pkg install –f pkg
After that you should be in business. Please send us your feedback and / or any questions!
10.1 New Update Manager Backend — Call for Testers">10.1 New Update Manager Backend — Call for Testers
Hey testers a new beta update is available to upgrade your systems from 10.x to 10.1. The beta instructions have been sent out to the PC-BSD Testing e-mail list if you would like to participate in the testing. For more information you can email me @ email@example.com or sign up for the testing mailing list @ http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing.
Hey everyone the PC-BSD 10.1 update will be removed temporarily while we work some magic on the backend of the update manager. Our expectation at the moment is to have the update back up within one week, but keep in mind that is just an estimate as we start this project.
Thanks so much!
The next version of the Lumina desktop environment has just been tagged in source! PC-BSD users on the “Edge” package repository should expect to see an updated package available in the next couple days. Please test it out and file bug reports or feature requests as necessary on the PC-BSD bug tracker.
What has changed in this version:
- Streamline the startup process and Lumina utilities, with many of the utilities now being multi-threaded.
- Enable login/logout chimes (can be disabled in the lumina-config session settings)
- New Desktop Plugins:
- Note Pad: Take text notes on your desktop
- Desktop View: Auto-generate icons for everything in the ~/Desktop folder
- New Utility: “lumina-search“
- Quickly search for and run applications/files/directories
- Registered on the system applications menu under “Utilities -> Lumina Search”
- For new Lumina users, this utility is set to automatically run with the “Alt-F2” keyboard shortcut
- New Color Schemes:
- Lumina-[Green, Gold, Purple, Red, Glass] now available out of box (default: Glass)
- New backend system for registering default applications:
- Uses mime-types instead of extensions now
- All lumina utilities have been updated to work with the new system
- WARNING: Previously registered defaults might not be transferred to the new system, so you may need to re-set your default web browser/email client through lumina-config after updating to the new version.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvements
Hey guys check out our video on KDEConnect in PC-BSD on YouTube! It’s an awesome new app that allows you to receive text messages, phone notifications, incoming calls notifications, media remote control, and more!
Hey everyone just a quick heads up we’ve just started a PC-BSD YouTube channel! If you want to check it out you can follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyd7MaPVUpa-ueUsGjUujag. Don’t forget to subscribe for new videos and if you have a video or tutorial you’d like to submit send it my way! We only have a couple videos right now so we need your help to grow our channel :). Also we’d love for you to submit your ideas we can do for videos in the future.