PC-BSD Weekly Feature Digest 24
Another week bites the dust and we’ve got some fantastic new features heading your way. Just a quick update this week so let’s get right to it. The FreeBSD mailing list has put a call out to the community to know if you are interested in having some custom DirectX patches applied to wine. You can view the e-mail here if it interests you. If you’d like to respond directly to the e-mail list you can do so @ email@example.com.
* Tons of new PBI updates for 10.0
* Committed the new PBI runtime implementation for 10.x
* Fixed some edge cases with new runtime and particular apps
* Added support for running 32bit apps in new PBI runtime
* Patched RTLD and pushed out freebsd-update to prepare systems
* Added improved callback functionality for PBIs to run system commands
* Added umplayer as the new out-of-box default CD audio / DVD video player
* Merged latest FreeBSD ports and Gnome3 / Cinnamon ports
* Added options to set exec= and suid= options on ZFS datasets to installer
* Added “vagrant” development environment utility to PC-BSD base system
* Began builds of EDGE packages with all the above fixes
* Fixed issue with missing English dictionary in KDE text-processing apps
* Fixed bug with Life-Preserver which was pruning snapshots too
aggressively with replication enabled
* Don’t provide localization option to FAT mounting routine for english locales
* Clean up the usage of ntfslabel to make sure that extra outputs don’t get included in the name for Win8 NTFS devices.
Trackback from your site.