Lumina Version 0.7.2 Tagged
The next version of the Lumina desktop environment has just been tagged in source! PC-BSD users on the “Edge” package repository should expect to see an updated package available in the next couple days. Please test it out and file bug reports or feature requests as necessary on the PC-BSD bug tracker.
What has changed in this version:
- Streamline the startup process and Lumina utilities, with many of the utilities now being multi-threaded.
- Enable login/logout chimes (can be disabled in the lumina-config session settings)
- New Desktop Plugins:
- Note Pad: Take text notes on your desktop
- Desktop View: Auto-generate icons for everything in the ~/Desktop folder
- New Utility: “lumina-search”
- Quickly search for and run applications/files/directories
- Registered on the system applications menu under “Utilities -> Lumina Search”
- For new Lumina users, this utility is set to automatically run with the “Alt-F2” keyboard shortcut
- New Color Schemes:
- Lumina-[Green, Gold, Purple, Red, Glass] now available out of box (default: Glass)
- New backend system for registering default applications:
- Uses mime-types instead of extensions now
- All lumina utilities have been updated to work with the new system
- WARNING: Previously registered defaults might not be transferred to the new system, so you may need to re-set your default web browser/email client through lumina-config after updating to the new version.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvements
Trackback from your site.