Dec

10.1 Update Will be Removed Temporarily

Hey everyone the PC-BSD 10.1 update will be removed temporarily while we work some magic on the backend of the update manager. Our expectation at the moment is to have the update back up within one week, but keep in mind that is just an estimate as we start this project.

Thanks so much!

-Josh

Written by Josh Smith. Posted in 10.0, 10.1, new features, testers

December 3, 2014 at 9:18 am |

Cool, thanks for the update. 🙂

• December 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm |

Don’t this affect download apps from the appcafe?

• Michael
    December 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm |

I mean does, not don’t gggrr can’t type today

• Ken Moore
      December 5, 2014 at 7:23 am |

Michael » No, the pkg repositories are continuing to get updated normally. Only the FreeBSD OS upgrade path from 10.0 to 10.1 has been temporarily de-activated (so “pc-updatemanager” and “freebsd-update” will report that 10.0 is current instead of seeing the upgrade to 10.1). You can continue to add/remove/manage applications through the AppCafe just fine.

• Michael
        December 6, 2014 at 8:20 pm |

In my appcafe it keeps telling me I have updates. And now I don’t see any pkg’s inside of the AppCafe. I just thought that the AppCafe might be down?

• robE
    December 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm |

Hey I appreciate the post. I have been experiencing some problems and if there is any way I can contribute from my experience let me know. I fully support pc-bsd and want to do what I can to make it better. I am still new to bsd but after using it I can tell you I will not be going back to linux.

• hsw
    December 5, 2014 at 11:25 pm |

I did manage to get to 10.1, took some hours though.

There does seem to be a problem with pkg on 10.1; there are two configurations now after running:

pc-extractoverlay desktop

I now have:

01pcbsd.conf -> 10.1-RELAESE repo (which seems to have been removed)

pcbsd.conf -> 10.0-RELEASE repo

trying to pkg install just results in:

Checking integrity…Assertion failed: (pkgdb_ensure_loaded(j->db, p2, PKG_LOAD_FILES|PKG_LOAD_DIRS) == EPKG_OK), function pkg_conflicts_need_conflict, file pkg_jobs_conflicts.c, line 211.
    Child process pid=59566 terminated abnormally: Abort trap

I think I’ll just revert back to 10.0 for the present and try updating when the new version it available.

I’ll keep this 10.1 snapshot – let me know if you want me to try any test on it.

PS. Thanks for everyone’s hard work on PC-BSD

• ibb27
      December 8, 2014 at 3:54 pm |

Same here, latest package update bring this error, before update anything (PC-BSD 10.1):
      Child process pid=12024 terminated abnormally: Abort trap

• ibb27
      December 10, 2014 at 12:21 am |

OK, I found the solution:
      #pkg install -f pkg
      It brings back, pkg to 1.3.8, but updates everything fine. 🙂

• hsw
        December 11, 2014 at 10:01 pm |

Thanks for the info, same problem on 10.0.

reinstalling pkg brought that back to 1.38 also.

• qwb
    December 6, 2014 at 6:49 am |

PC-BSD manages the DesktopBSD system? Of being like that, because they do not update the ISO Image of the system support? DesktopBSD is a very good system and has architecture for 32-bit computers.

• December 6, 2014 at 10:53 pm |

• michls
    April 24, 2015 at 5:25 am |

Hi,
    it’s now April 2015, I still see the same issue (or one close enough [not at the machine in question ATM, I can supply details if necessary]) – did I miss something?

TIA
    Michael

• michls
      April 24, 2015 at 11:26 am |

hmm … strange. I saw what I wrote above yesterday – today everything works.
      sorry for the noise