Jun

10.2-PRE-RELEASE and 11.0-CURRENT Images Available for Testing

The PC-BSD project is pleased to announce the availability of two new testing images: 10.2-PRERELEASE and 11.0-CURRENTJULY2015.

WARNING: These images are considered “bleeding-edge” and should be treated as such.

The DVD/USB ISO files can now be downloaded from the following URLs:

This is a great way to test features and report bugs well before the release cycle begins for the next major releases.

To report bugs in PC-BSD, use https://bugs.pcbsd.org.

To report FreeBSD / Port / Kernel / World bugs, use https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi.

To update from 10.1-RELEASE:

# pc-updatemanager chbranch 10.2-RELEASE
or
# pc-updatemanager chbranch 11.0-CURRENTJULY2015

This process will take a while, downloading new packages / world / kernel for the system. When done you can reboot, and the updater will finish up the update process.

Written by dru. Posted in 10.2, testers

June 30, 2015 at 12:27 pm |

Cool, Thank you! I hope you all are taking a nice vacation somewhere this summer. 🙂

• Neo
    June 30, 2015 at 1:19 pm |

It appears the radeon DRM modules are not in the netinstall images?

• Andras
    July 1, 2015 at 1:05 am |

If this were OpenBSD it would probably have an accompanying song with fishy lyrics. If I had more time and talent I would re-write something to mark this double offering. “Release, Release” from the 1978 Yes album Tormato comes to mind.

• […] 10.2-PRE-RELEASE and 11.0-CURRENT Images Available for Testing.  (PC-BSD) […]

• July 6, 2015 at 11:39 am |

Sounds good that a new update is on its way. I just have two requests that I hope will be fixed in the coming update.
    A. The language setting at the login screen. An update about 3-4 weeks ago fixed it, but the next update unfixed it again (I posted a bug report about it #9954).
    B. The NVIDIA driver. It haven’t been working after the 10.1.2 update and it doesn’t help trying to reinstall it (I’ve been talking to Ken about it and followed his instructions – but no luck). I tried connecting the VGA to the motherboards AMD Radeon port, but it won’t work unless I physically remove the NVIDIA card and I don’t want to do that hoping the driver will start to run again soon.

Hope you all have a nice summer vacation, I will. (motorcycle vacation 🙂 )

• Uwe Trenkner
    July 7, 2015 at 2:08 am |

“To report bugs in PC-BSD, use https://bugs.pcbsd.org.” Sounds good, but reporting is only the first step…

Unless these bugs are solved it’s not worth trying out this release on my Thinkpad T530, the PC-BSD installer seems completely broken:

• ybsilon
    July 10, 2015 at 11:58 am |

Unfortunately “pc-updatemanager chbranch 10.2-RELEASE” does not work.

Error 1: chroot /.updateStage /.freebsd-up.sh -r 10.2-RELEASE upgrade

Is there any fix ?

Thanks

• July 12, 2015 at 5:29 am |

thank you for this information 😀 is very help

• joe8080
    July 27, 2015 at 3:24 am |

Thanks again for your hard work!

Please add an option to the emergency restore tools to attach any geli containers before trying to import any zfs pools.

The current lack of this may confuse new users.

• Sérgio
    August 2, 2015 at 8:07 pm |

I installed 10.2 using netinstall image, on a system with Linux Mint. PC-BSD boot loader didn’t recognize Linux partition to boot. So I tried restoring the previous GRUB boot loader from Linux Mint, and I find no way to boot PC-BSD. All documentation available on the internet seems outdated. Now, I can’t find a way to restore just PC-BSD boot loader, and I’m stuck without an option to boot PC-BSD which is already installed. Is there any updated documentation on dual boot of PC-BSD 10.2 (ZFS) and Linux (Debian flavors or GRUB)? Whatever boot loader is accepted right now…

• Boris
    August 11, 2015 at 4:18 am |

All good afternoon. I established PC BSD 11 version. I bring the new user and the password for it, I press further and he to me suggests to insert a flash card with Personacrypt though I activating personacrypt didn’t tick off.
    I tried to tick off on personacrypt, the same trouble.
    I can’t log in with “normal” user/password way. I don’t have PersonaCrypt set up in any way. What can I do?